Lindane (gamma benzene hexachloride) ingestion in 1 year old child-a case report of poisoining

Author: 
Rahul Gandhi., PD Sharma and Jitender

Lindane (gamma-benzene hexachloride) is widely used as a scabicide by general practitioners and dermatologists.Lindane toxicity has been reported to occur mostly by way of dermal exposure. Cases of ingestion are rare
We present a case of a 1 year old boy whose mother had suffered from scabies 1 week ago, for which he was prescribed lindane along with other medications by a general practitioner. The medication was accidentally ingested by child .After 2 hours of lindane ingestion the child began to experience seizures.

Download PDF: 
DOI: 
DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.24327/ijcar.2017.2751.0097